Here’s What I Believe About Your Next Birth
“What’s important isn’t how you give birth, but how you feel about it afterwards”
- The birth of this baby can be a positive experience and it’ll become possible to look forward to it confidently rather than fearfully.
- It needn’t be like other births you’ve heard of, read about or seen on tv.
- You’re different from other mothers and each baby is unique: I can give you a really positive set of your own mental tools, including techniques for managing discomfort.
- Much more easily than you might think, you can learn to use your determination and your belief in what’s right for you and your baby to enable you to have the best possible experience of birth.
- You can learn confidence in communicating with your medical team.
- Chemical pain relief and / or medical intervention can be positive options confidently chosen for mother or baby and part of a good experience of birth.
- I believe that when you give birth, you’re allowing a natural process to take place – one which your body, like every other woman’s, has evolved to be able to do.
- One of my key tasks is to help you to trust your body and its instincts so that it can perform its task as smoothly as possible.